The Property Owners Association of New Jersey, Inc. founded in 1949, exists to bring together owners and operators of residential real estate, interested parties, and industry personnel for education and networking purposes. The organization is comprised of owners and managers as well as individuals who work in housing related industries.
Visit our Facebook Fan Page and check out all of the great images from recent meetings. On our Facebook page you can share comments, start a discussion, and gather important information relevant to property ownership in New Jersey.
- March 9 @ 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm
- April 13 @ 5:00 pm - 8:00 pm
- Cybersecurity Risks for Real Estate Professionals? They Are Alive and Well. - By: Gary Strong, Esq. Introduction We have all heard about the massive data breaches at Target, Home Depot, and more recently JP Morgan Chase. As these data breaches have grabbed the biggest headlines, the media has rightfully focused on the staggering effects on consumers and response costs for the companies. Risks associated with data security […]
- Opinion Letter Relating to Rentals to Disabled Tenants - By: Bruce Gudin, Esq. There are several different laws relating to sales and rentals to disabled persons (or persons with disabilities authorized to live with tenants): The Federal Fair Housing Act The Americans with Disabilities Act The Rehabilitation Act New Jersey Law Against Discrimination (NJLAD). DISCRIMINATION: All of these laws prohibit discrimination in renting to […]
- A Guarantee Of Payment Must Be In Writing - By: Jonathan Mehl, Esq. It is important to have a guarantee of rental payments in writing. This can be incorporated into the lease. However, if the tenant is a business entity such as a corporation, and an individual is guaranteeing rent, there are additional precautions. The signature line on the lease should have the name […]