The Property Owners Association of New Jersey, Inc. founded in 1949, exists to bring together owners and operators of residential real estate, interested parties, and industry personnel for education and networking purposes. The organization is comprised of owners and managers as well as individuals who work in housing related industries.
Visit our Facebook Fan Page and check out all of the great images from recent meetings. On our Facebook page you can share comments, start a discussion, and gather important information relevant to property ownership in New Jersey.
Meeting videos now available on demand!
Miss out on a meeting or simply need a refresher you can now watch at your convenience.
(non-member pricing $25/members FREE)
- October 3 @ 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm
- October 10 @ 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm
- Important Updated Fire Safety Information - The New Jersey Department of Community Affairs (DCA) has approved regulations that will adopt the 2015 International Fire Code, with New Jersey-specific amendments, as the State Fire Prevention Code. The state currently utilizes the 2006 International Fire Code. This new code will take effect on July 1, 2018. Additionally, the state is amending the New […]
- What Happens to the Lease When a Tenant Dies or Vacates to a Nursing Home? - By Jennifer L. Alexander, Esq. As a residential landlord, it’s important to understand that New Jersey statutory law grants tenants (in very limited circumstances) the option of prematurely terminating their lease without having to incur the normal penalties of vacating a lease early. Fortunately, residential landlords in New Jersey are not completely at the mercy […]
- Small Claims Big Headaches - By Jed Sampson The feeling of relief after completing an eviction on a tenant who owed multiple months of back rent can be followed quickly with the nauseating sensation when they leave owing thousands, and small claims seems to be the only answer. My suggestion…avoid it. Filing a small claims action can be daunting. […]